Introduction: Project D.C.M.

Project D.C.M consists of four students enthusiastically pursuing a diploma in Logistics and Operations Management (LOM) at Temasek Polytechnic (TP). We have been tasked to evaluate the private warehouses versus 3rd party logistics service providers. During our learning journey, we hope to share our knowledge with fellow LOM students through this e-learning hub. Overall, we wish to enhance our learning of the module- Distribution Centre Management.

Project D.C.M is made up of Furqan, Bernice, Adam and Asif.

Well here’s some stuff you should know about us!

Furqan

"Wolverine is frequently depicted as a gruff loner, often taking leave from the X-Men to deal with personal issues or problems. He is often irreverent and rebellious towards authority figures, though he is a reliable ally and capable leader."

Wolverine’s character is similar to me in various ways. One of the major characteristic is the rebellious character that I posses however, in times of difficulty, I am very reliable and would stand up for the right.

"Wolverine is a mutant with a number of both natural and artificial improvements to his physiology. His primary mutant power is an accelerated healing process, typically referred to as his mutant healing factor, that regenerates damaged or destroyed areas of his body far beyond the capabilities of an ordinary human."

Wolverine also has the power to heal quickly when he has been hurt. Likewise, when I am going through a rough time I have the ability to pull through and recover fast. I successfully learnt my mistakes through my failures and ensure that it would not be repeated again. Wolverine is able to use his sense of smell to track targets by scent. In the same manner, I am able to smell an opportunity whenever it arises.

Quotes were taken from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolverine_(comics)

Bernice

Hi! I’m Bernice. :) Basically, I’m quite a chatty person. During my free time, I like to bake, travel and listen to music. I have a passion for foreign language and culture. Currently, I’m learning the Japanese language.

Well, if there were to be one cartoon character I can relate to, it would have to be…piglet! That is partly because I’ve been called “piglet” by quite a number of my friends. I look like I don’t have a huge appetite but I actually do! Somehow, I just don’t seem to feel full easily. Yup, I can be your worthwhile all-time buffet partner! I'm constantly trying to satisfy my inquisitive taste buds.

In Winnie-The-Pooh, Piglet is often depicted as the timid one trying to conquer his fears. Hmmm, I don’t think I’m as timid as him but I’m trying my best to overcome my fear of heights.

Adam

Hi, I am Adam. I think that the best cartoon, which describes my character, is Homer J. Simpson

He is crude, overweight, incompetent, clumsy, and lazy; however, he is also fiercely devoted to his family. Just like me, expect for the overweight part.

Homer's personality and comic efficacy lies in his frequent bouts of stupidity, laziness and explosive anger. Exactly like myself.

And just like Homer, I am "devoted to my stomach".

Asif

Hi, I’m Asif. I am generally a truthful and reserved type of person. During my free time, I like to read nonfiction books such as science and technology. As someone who loves nature, I'm usually engrossed with the TV programs on the Discovery and National Geographic channel. I may not look like the one who likes sports but I play badminton. As for indoor games, I love to play chess and carom.

I do not really watch much cartoon except for my all-time favourite Tom and Jerry. I won't say that I share very similar characteristics with either of the main characters but I wish I could be like Jerry sometimes.

Jerry is independent and opportunistic and always try to prevent tom from getting his loot. He also possesses a great amount of strength despite his size. Wouldn't it be great to be like him?

dcm @ 12/18/2008 11:59:00 PM

About Project DCM
Click here to read more about us.

Credits
Blogger